Thursday, March 12, 2009

Who's watching you?

It seems to be the general consensus that Americans are the most paranoid people on earth. Being an American I'll admit that I'm paranoid part of the time, and I don't take it the extreme as my Canadian neighbor does. When she's on vacation for a FEW DAYS, she'll get someone to check her mail and use a timer for her lights in the house. If I'm gone for two weeks then I'll use the timer for our lights inside, but I don't bother with the mail.

Anyways, with all the talk of "Big Brother," being monitored by the government, illegal immigrants, drug wars on the Mexican/U.S. border, and the economy who isn't gonna be paranoid? I'd be more paranoid about the economy than the others. That's just me though. The U.S. government complains that they don't have enough border patrol agents to police the area. Well, when you get thrown in PRISON for shooting a Mexican drug dealer in the ass who would apply for the job?

I'm a bit off topic again. There's a site where ANYONE can monitor Texas' portion of the border. Like you don't have anything else to do, right? Well, apparently one woman in New York spends four hours a day watching. FOUR HOURS!! That's like four episodes of Lost, a bunch of really long showers including shaving, doing several loads of laundry, half a days work, and eight episodes of My Name Is Earl! If you're a mother of a baby, do you think you have time to devote four hours of your day to watching the border?

All I can say is "WHAT THE F***?!!"

You can check out the full story on CNN. The link to the border watching site is there as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap -- who does that?!

If I'm ever passing through Mexico, I'll let you know so you can watch me wave as I cross the border.