Monday, March 16, 2009

And the bear emerges

I just wanted to say how happy I am! Spring must be in the air because my fellow Idea Showerarians (?) are returning to the fold. And I began to wonder if maybe creativity is like a bear, hibernating from the cold, dismal conditions outside. And maybe by its emergence, spring is heralded.

Fuck the groundhog. Creativity is the true signal of spring.

I hope we will all submit some blog entry or two this month to celebrate spring. I know my creativity hibernates through the winter months. (I also find that my finances blossom like flowers come the thaw, probably due to tax refunds and fewer holidays). And so I am set to embark on wallowing in the creative mud as spring envelopes me in its loving, warm arms.

Fuck winter.

Wait, did we have a no swearing policy here? Hmm, I must have thought I was back at rockrageous.blogspot.com (shameless plug). How cheeky of me!

Anyway, I was glossing over the "Puddles" side column, enjoying all the wacky tags. Statistically, our top favourite tags include the following:
  • Americans (3 tags)
  • Canadians (3)
  • IPod (3)
  • Work (3)
That's how wacky we are, discussing our music lives and work lives (both constitute a great chunk of our days). And oddly, considering only 16% of our bloggers are American, Canadians and Americans are running at 50/50 tags. The next most tagged topics are:
  • farm (2)
  • news (2)
  • stupid people (2)
  • travel (2)
And my top 3 personal favourite wacky tags are:
  • mustaches
  • pigeons
  • zombies
The top blog writers by number of blogs written (though it's not a contest, so no pressure!):
  • Joe Wet Cow (12)
  • Girl on the Corner (8)
  • Lilly (7)
  • Good Man's Daughter (3)
  • Nan Eff (2)
  • Triptych Chick (0)
Who is Triptych Chick? Will you write with us? Will you shower in the ideas with us? It's much good fun!

-Girl on the Corner (trippin' on Mondays)

3 comments:

Good man's daughter said...

You do know that 90% of statistics are wrong right? ;o)

Anonymous said...

I had given up on the blog. I even deleted it from my favourites. I think it might be time to try again. Thanks Girl on the Corner.

Anonymous said...

I just have one song to sing to you Lilly:
"Don't give up on us, baby /
We're still worth one more try /
I know we put a last one by /
Just for a rainy evening /
When maybe stars are few /
Don't give up on us, I know /
We can still come through"